Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Unique Class

Go down

A Unique Class Empty A Unique Class

Post  travisimken Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 pm

Compressibles has been one of my favorite classes I have taken at UT. The material was not too theoretical and was interesting, even for a space person. I took it with Dr. Clemens, who was a great professor.

Dr. Clemens has a unique way of leading the class. When homework is assigned, he gives you most of the week to work on it and then posts the answers before the homework is due. The idea is that people will be able to check their work (since answers can probably be found anyways) and then get a good grade on the homework. However, he makes up for this by holding you accountable for the material on the tests and final. He does provide practice exams, but the questions are not necessarily similar; they may be similar in concept but require a good understanding to answer the question for full credit.

In general, the class is not hard. Just make sure to do the homework and not copy it, and a good grade will be easy.

travisimken

Back to top Go down