Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Class Is Not That Bad

2 posters

Go down

This Class Is Not That Bad Empty This Class Is Not That Bad

Post  jagse Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 pm

A lot of people hate on this class, but it really is not that bad. Most of the people that say this class sucks already know how to program. In retrospect, I definitely understand where they are coming from. If you already know how to program, this class will be pretty boring. I did not know how to program before I came to UT, so I found this class very useful (even if it was pretty basic).

Be sure to learn the material relatively well because you will need it for the rest of your years in aerospace.

jagse

Back to top Go down

This Class Is Not That Bad Empty In Addition

Post  TejasKulkarni Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:29 pm

Just to perhaps reinforce what jgauthier said, if you know how to program in another language, then it is true that ASE 201 can be a cakewalk and kind of boring. I came in knowing Java, and I thought ASE 201 was really easy. However, if you have some experience programming, I would definitely recommend taking the accelerated 201, it really helps put a front end on your code, because toward the end of the semester the final project is to create a Graphic User Interface (GUI). I learned while at my co-op that a good product not only has good code, but, also an easy to use and clean front end. Consequently 201 was very useful to me, because I learned to create front ends for my code.

TejasKulkarni

Back to top Go down