Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Useful Information, Some Not So Useful and Tedious Information

Go down

Some Useful Information, Some Not So Useful and Tedious Information Empty Some Useful Information, Some Not So Useful and Tedious Information

Post  jagse Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:18 am

I did not particularly enjoy this class (even though Dr. Hull has some great stories). For the most part, some of the material in this class didn't seem very useful. I am space, so maybe this is different for atmosphere. The most annoying part of this class is all of the definitions you have to memorize if you want to get an A. I understand the importance of learning the lingo of any trade, but having to memorize 500 words, some of which are highly technical, is outrageous. Supposedly, the point of this was to learn about aircraft and their operation, but at the end of the day, I hardly remembered any of the words. A much better idea would be to pick out the words that are the most important, and then focus on those (as opposed to making everyone memorize all of the words). Of course, you shouldn't do this because you will do terrible on the tests, but yeah.

About the midterms, they were no calculator when I took them (they probably still are). But, when I took the class, you could use your calculator on the part of the final where you have to solve problems (you turn the definitions in before you can take your calculator out). Quite a few people didn't know you could use your calculator on the part of the final where you solve problems, so they were severely handicapped.

jagse

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum