Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A useful class, especially if you're interested in analytical research.

Go down

A useful class, especially if you're interested in analytical research.  Empty A useful class, especially if you're interested in analytical research.

Post  kitkennedy Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:38 am

ASE 311 teaches a lot about how computers do calculations. I'd say it's especially interesting for those who like programming and number crunching, while for the rest it might be a bit of a drag. I haven't had to apply my knowledge from this course a lot in my ASE classes since then (although it has been useful on some specific occasions). It's a difficult course because there's a lot of information to absorb, and it doesn't come easily to many in our field. I think the best method for learning material like this is just to apply it over and over until the steps make sense- if you don't understand the methods, I don't see how you can do well in the class.

If you're interested in analytical research such as computational fluids or orbital mechanics (if you don't really know what analytical research means, it's what many professors will employ undergrads to work on, aka "undergrad research"), then the programming practice and the practical knowledge you get from this course will definitely be useful for that work.

kitkennedy

Back to top Go down