Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intuitive Subject

2 posters

Go down

Intuitive Subject Empty Intuitive Subject

Post  prime Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Much like Statics, I think Solids is one of those subjects that tends to make sense.

I had Julian Hallai as a professor and he was great. He was really flexible about homework deadlines and test dates and generally did whatever the class wanted. Since his drawings were sometimes tough to decipher, he started using a "Mech Movies" website (http://web.mst.edu/~mecmovie/index.html) which proved to be very helpful. The website is a great resource if you find yourself struggling.

There is a TA session and for the most part few people went since there were no quizzes. A lot of times the TA would get ahead of the professor which may or may not be annoying to you.

Tip: If you have Hallai and want to start a fun discussion, ask him to show you the different ways to lay underwater oil pipeline.

prime

Back to top Go down

Intuitive Subject Empty Re: Intuitive Subject

Post  cypherdtraitor Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:58 am

I am currently taking Julian Hallai, and I agree that he is an excellent professor.

His lectures make a lot of sense, but even if you don't get it he points you to the right place in the textbook and you can learn the material on your own.

He has changed a bit, he now has quizzes in discussion section, and the homework is not graded. He will only give you the homework problem numbers during class, so go to class regularly.

Professor Hallai really cares about teaching and has chosen to grade attendance and use other little things to keep people in class. This is a good thing.

There are no excuses not to make an "A."

cypherdtraitor

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum