Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review for Professor Liechti - Interesting but difficult Class

Go down

Review for Professor Liechti - Interesting but difficult Class Empty Review for Professor Liechti - Interesting but difficult Class

Post  Ron Paul Supporter Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:30 am

This review strictly for Professor Kenneth Liechti:

Professor Liechti has a very unique personality compare to all the profs I have been with in the past 3.5 years. He cares very much about your progress in this class and you will see this through his dedication to teaching and his willingness to help any students who are struggling in materials. Since there have been rumors going around about Professor Huang being easier than Liechti, not a lot of students signed up for this class at the time that I took him - the class size was probably about 10 - 15 people. For labs, professor Liechti always made time in his schedule to go to every session to talk to every student about which materials did what and how we would carry out the experiment, then the TA would do the rest.

For tests, I thought his tests were fairly easy and very fair. He has 2 tests for this class. The first test will cover information found on lectures and whatever he taught in the labs; he will announce the test date in his lecture. Any labs he covered up to the test date is fair game - do NOT make any assumptions when you study. The 2nd test will be your final and will not be comprehensive; it will cover materials from the second half of the semester. For tests, make sure you know the theories, procedures carried out for each lab, and also how to apply theories to some design problems.

For labs, your grades will depend on how easy your TA is. Each TA grade their own lab section so treat them nicely. Make sure you actually listen to what professor Liechti says in the labs and take really good notes. Most students did not take him seriously in the lab because they thought that they only needed to finish collecting data, go home, and write reports and that was it. Don't do this! Take notes of what Liechti said in labs and make sense out of them - you will thank me later on this. Make sure to also write your own labs - I can't stress how important this is. Most people tend to write their labs base on older labs, then when the test came, they had no idea which procedures were used for different experiments and ended up with a bad grade. Your labs should average about 15-25 pages. You will get to write 1 lab per week.

For grades, Professor Liechti determines your grades based on the Gaussian curve.

Ron Paul Supporter

Back to top Go down