Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

De la Llave

Go down

De la Llave Empty De la Llave

Post  prime Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:36 pm

Diff EQ is quite a pain for most people, but the good news is that if you don't get it the first time you will get plenty of additional opportunities down the road (or maybe that's bad news?). Linear Systems, Mechatronics, and Fluids are just a few that come to mind.

As for the professor I had, Dr. De la Llave, I can't say he was great but I got through by listening carefully and taking good notes. Exams in his class were quite challenging (I think the average was in the 50s for the first one), and the final was one of the more difficult I've taken at UT. That said, everything went on a curve so it wasn't too bad.

Regardless of which professor you have, I'd say studying your own notes is the best way to learn this material. Try to internalize each method for solving ODEs in a way that makes it your own rather than conforming to the way the book does it if you can. Doing well in this class will make classes you take later (*cough* linear systems *cough*) so much easier. :-)

prime

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum